7 Tips for Effective Virtual Networking
Prepare for your next virtual Northside Networking event by following these tips for success.
- Add your contact info to the Chat box when you join.
- Maintain a professional image. Dress as if you were going to an in-person event--business casual is great.
- Be prompt! We'll start on time.
- Want connections? Let everyone know during your pitch (e.g. strategic partners, clients, customers).
- Be generous. Think of networking as "what can I do for you" rather than 'what can you do for me".
- Prepare multiple pitches for when you have someone from previous rounds in your group.
- Follow up afterward. Connect on LinkedIn and schedule a call or zoom.
- Have Fun! - bonus tip...just because :)