Master Zoom in 10 Steps
Before your next virtual meeting or networking event, try these tips to enhance your online image and presentation.
- Hold your space bar down to temporarily unmute, then let go when done talking (like a walkie talkie).
- Keep your light source in front of you, not behind.
- Position your camera so it's just above your eye level so your head is tilted slightly up.
- Maintain "eye contact" by looking directly into your camera when speaking.
- If on a phone, rotate the phone so it's horizontal (landscape).
- Keep the camera stationary. Don't walk around with your phone, and don't place your laptop on your lap.
- Remove distractions from the background or use virtual backgrounds.
- Reduce background sounds by wearing earbuds or a headset if possible.
- If you've never used Zoom on your device, visit https://zoom.us/test so you can install the software and test your video/audio before the meeting.
- Need further help? try this.