🎉 New for 2021
Virtual After Hours
In addition to the structured events we're known for, we're introducing a shorter, unstructured virtual gathering in 2021. Bring a beverage and kick back while we go around and briefly introduce ourselves and then have informal conversations. See below for dates.
ALL EVENTS ARE VIRTUAL UNTIL LARGE GROUPS ARE ALLOWED TO SAFELY MEET IN PERSON AGAIN
- Jan 13, 11am - Uptown
- Mar 10, 11am - Rogers Park
- May 12, 11am - Edgewater
- July 14, 5pm - virtual after hours
- Aug 11, 11am - Roscoe Village
- Oct 13, 11am - West Ridge
- Nov 10, 5pm - virtual after hours
Registration for events will be available one at a time, and found on this website. If you're interested in future events, subscribe to our list
to be notified when registration is available for each one.
Thanks to Northside Networking ... for another stellar speed networking event - Reno LovisonRead Reno's full review and an example of the power of networking.
7 Tips for Effective Virtual Networking
- Add your contact info to the Chat box when you join.
- Maintain a professional image. Dress as if you were going to an in-person event--business casual is great.
- Be prompt! We'll start on time.
- Want connections? Let everyone know during your pitch (e.g. strategic partners, clients, customers).
- Be generous. Think of networking as "what can I do for you" rather than 'what can you do for me".
- Prepare multiple pitches for when you have someone from previous rounds in your group.
- Follow up afterward. Connect on LinkedIn and schedule a call or zoom.
- Have Fun! - bonus tip...just because :)
Master Zoom in 10 Steps
- Hold your space bar down to temporarily unmute, then let go when done talking (like a walkie talkie).
- Keep your light source in front of you, not behind.
- Position your camera so it's just above your eye level so your head is tilted slightly up.
- Maintain "eye contact" by looking directly into your camera when speaking.
- If on a phone, rotate the phone so it's horizontal (landscape).
- Keep the camera stationary. Don't walk around with your phone, and don't place your laptop on your lap.
- Remove distractions from the background or use virtual backgrounds.
- Reduce background sounds by wearing earbuds or a headset if possible.
- If you've never used Zoom on your device, visit https://zoom.us/test so you can install the software and test your video/audio before the meeting.
- Need further help? try this.